Info + Contact
About FATE Fotos, company history, oh, and me, Lindsay!
There’s so much that I could tell you guys about me but I don’t want to bore you so I’ll keep it pretty simple! I’m a really laid back girl that loves to take pictures. The end. Just kidding, guys!
Well, I’m originally from Pittsburgh, PA (Here we go Steelers!) and have lived in the DC area for the last 10 years. I moved here because I fell in love with a boy and wanted to spend the rest of my life with him. *insert heart eye emojis* We recently bought our first home and now I can’t imagine living anywhere but in the District.
I started studying photography in middle school and in 2016 FATE Fotos, LLC was born. As a lifelong student, I am constantly studying my craft and learning how to create the best images for my clients. My preferred photography style is documentary/lifestyle. I genuinely love capturing people as they are and while they are doing things that make them happy. Those organic moments create intimate photographs that are typically client favorites.
Five random facts about your photographer:
- I broke the same pinky toe three times. The last injury resulted in me needing surgery and spending 6 weeks in walking boot. Who knew walking by couches could be so dangerous?!
- My previous careers consisted of being a Chef and an Aquatics Director. Teaching kids how to swim has been one of the biggest joys of my life.
- In 2016, My husband and I decided to go on a road trip after Christmas. We spent a week driving from DC to Charleston, WV to Louisville, KY to St. Louis, MO to Indianapolis, IN to Cincinnati, OH and finally back to DC. This was the best adventure ever!
- I’m totally obsessed with Pineapple Peach Kombucha! I typically have a bottle everyday. My favorite hot drink right now a Vanilla Chai latte with almond milk.
- My favorite Nintendo game is Dr. Mario. Unfortunately, I don't get to play as much as I'd like because adulting is kind of time consuming.
"Lindsay did an amazing job capturing our wedding! She listened to my ideas and gave them life! Her professionalism and attention to detail gave me confidence that I would receive an awesome product and that I did! I still receive compliments about how beautiful my wedding photos are and I will definitely book her again for my next event!" – Heidi W.
"We used Lindsay for both our maternity photos and for a newborn photo shoot once our son arrived. During the maternity shoot she was flexible and made us both feel comfortable in front of the camera, and she came up with some creative ideas for shots. She made me feel (and look) like a goddess! When it came time for the newborn shots, she was able to stage and capture some great posed photos as well as candids of us with our baby who was only 5 days old at the time, and she was great with him! Both sets of our photos came out better than I could have ever imagined. She's fun, easy to work with, and super creative. I can't say enough great things about Lindsay and would definitely recommend her for any lifestyle photo needs." – Atarah S.
"I really enjoyed my photo shoot. Lindsay was very creative with different shots and poses. Lindsay even got my son involved with taking photos. He was so into the camera that he wanted his own to learn how to use. Now, he's into photography and taking pictures of everything. I definitely recommend booking with Fate Fotos. You will be very excited about the finished product. I absolutely loved my pictures and can't wait to book again." – Jenea E.